Valentine's Day

Yea it's another ridiculously commercialized holiday. And we all loooove to hate it.

Even so, I'm a sucker for it. I like any day where I'm the princess lol! I haven't been single on many Valentine's days (yea that topic is a whole 'nother blog...new phrase for '08) but I've never had a great v-day. I had an okay one in 2004 but we were supposed to go this Dominican restaurant in Philly and he was late so by the time we got there they were closing up. Besides that, my 3 previous long term relationships all ended on or right around Valentine's Day. So any good memory of this day is blocked my memories of swollen eyes and tissue paper.

So my dear BF, who reads this blog but doesn't comment because he feels like he shouldn't be reading in the first place, the pressure is on! hahah

I've got something up my sleeve tho for my sweet prince of the ghetto. I'm excited.

2 comments:

I don't even notice valentine's day anymore - which goes to show you how old I am! :-)

February 3, 2008 at 6:19 PM  

Valentine's Day is commercialized but still should be celebrated. I am one to believe you should treat everyday as if it were valentine's day but lets be real no one does. So this day should be the day you go way beyond the norm and make your special someone feel extra special. Make her/him the envy of their friends. That's how I would approach the day...

February 4, 2008 at 11:56 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home