Teaching someone new...

So there is a new guy at work and I teach him my processes. I try my best to be repetitive and explain things and show him over and over... and he fooled me the first week b/c he seemed like he understood it all. I'm like YES!! Finally we got a good one (I won't talk about how frustrated and upset I was w/ the last one). Anyway, so today I assign work for him - he looked so confused. :( I remember when I first started I was sooooooooooo confused and stressed the first month at work - so much that I considered quiting but I didn't. So I figure it's only a wk I'll give him time, but why doesn't he ask questions? WHY WHY WHY!!!?!?!?! He sits there and stares at his screen and I watch him try to run a report and not knowing what to do next he stares some more until I give up (b/c I'm always watching at the corner of my eye), and then I say "are u ok over there?" ... I doubt myself at how I teach sometimes - but it's not easy :(

2 comments:

It's so odd cuz there are certain things people don't learn in school...and it's frustrating. I feel like people def need to ask when they don't know something...cuz they look even dumber when later on they prove they didn't know something for so long. (if any of that makes any sense)

January 15, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

maybe he's scared of u

why can't they hire someone who knows what theyre doing lol

January 15, 2008 at 11:36 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home