Let's keep it "musical"


Mariah Carey - Fantasy (Remix) featuring ODB


I have aaalways been a big Mariah fan. Ok maybe not during her Glitter/emotional breakdown days. But I've purchased less than 20 CDs in my lifetime and 3 or 4 of those were hers. I don't know where half of those CDs are now because I don't take care of them but that's besides the point. She obviously sounds great and writes a lot of her songs which i looove.

The point is this song was a huge deal. Now you see it all the time but back then it was strange to see a pop singer like her do a song with a rapper, let alone a crazy ass one like Old Dirty Bastard a.k.a Big Baby Jesus. [Cut to ODB yelling "I GOT BURNT BY GONORRHEA!" in an MTV interview back in like '95 where they followed him while he went to pick up food stamps. May he rest in peace.] I remember watching the MTV Jams countdown hosted by Bill Bellamy on my little tv. Summer hit of '95...memories...

2 comments:

Awww i love this song!!! This came out when i first got cable!!! I know i was late...but hey it's not my fault they hadnt set up cable in my neighborhood :-\.

Damn I feel old.

oh and i like your reference to MTV Jams...altho tat means something totally different now.

Oh by the way...for mentioning MTV Jams...we're now being watched lol

January 24, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

"Back in the days when i was young.. I'm ot a kid anymore but some days i sit and wish i was a kid again" <---WORD!

NY in the house.. lol... siigghh ODB....

95 was a good year! when curiosity hit us DECK bad... lol.. that's when i met peque.. lmao...

January 25, 2008 at 4:01 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home