365!



First thing's first...HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVE!
Your skin is so wrinkle free for someone who's so old =P

So...I guess we're taking up the challenge to blog for 365 days straight! Good lawd, that's a lot of blogging!

This takes me down memory lane to 1995 when I bought my first diary. It was one of those Mickey Mouse ones with the cheap little "lock" that you opened up by just moving the button to the right. (Mickey Mouse was the shit back then when I'm sure the majority of us never watched that high-pitched-lil-voice-havin'-mouse's cartoon ever or been to Disneyland). Back then I thought a diary was something that you had to write in daily. So half of the diary is filled with "Today was fun. I don't remember what happened! See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!" because I would go back and try to fill in the days I missed. It's so interesting to go back and read it and see the person I was back then. I was a silly, boy crazy little thing. I was "in love" with a new person every month. As shy as I was, I actually called boys to ask them out. I said things like "My hair looked so dope today!" and "I'm definitely going to Harvard!" and wrote about someone stealing Shay's Columbia jacket from her locker for 2 pages.

13 years later...25 years old...

Can it be that it was all so simple then?

3 comments:

Wow! I love it...I remember those days of Mickey Mouse, Columbia Jackets and good music! I can't believe you wrote about my Columbia mishap for 2 pages. I would like to read it. lol I just remember being really upset about it and then going to the store and it being sold out. :-\

January 4, 2008 at 11:10 AM  

OMG i sooo remember the diary. Everyone from DECK had one. Awwee mickey mouse. I still have my mickey mouse stuffed animal. He's all dirty and stuff. I remember i put him in the washer to get cleaned once and i almost teared because i thought he was going to drown :( ha ha

Anyways, yea, so i was also sorta boy crazy (well sorta still am according to elba and clari). Every single argument was written on that journal. I think i even wrote about the time that elba farted in my cup of soda (eewww) LOL
Aahhh the good innocent days. If life was only that easy.

Oh yea, w/ the exception of Clari just in case the rest of you don't know who i am, am her cuzin karen. LOL

January 4, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

Oh, to be 25 again. Ever heard of Cringe? It's an open mic for reading your old diaries. I hear it's hilarious - and I might go to one myself since I don't know what to do with my journals from middle school. Great blog - and good luck with blog365!

January 4, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home