I'm Writing a Book!

Ok stop laughing...or rolling your eyes...I'm serious. Now I know I spit out tons of stuff I plan on doing and whatnot...but I'm serious!

I read The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao and I can't help but think...I want to write a book! Not because I want to compete with Junot Diaz or Julia Alvarez, but because I know there is a huge story to tell and hell...why not. So this past weekend I was sitting with my mom and two aunts and they started sharing stories about growing up in DR and I realised, all they need was for someone to listen. They told me things that my siblings and cousins have no idea about. One of my aunts said she was only telling me because she sees i'm interested and i wont judge them.

Initially I thought, "man this could be a movie" but honestly, it is way too much and it would be a great book to write. So I took it upon myself to write it. I dont think they thought i was serious, so we'll see what happens when i show up with tape recorders at their homes and start to get all this stuff on paper.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 21, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

I am supporting you 100%! I think you can do it. You just have to be motivated. I hope you don't do one of those half a$$ jobs where u get all the ideas and stories together but never actually put them together. I know you can do it. By the way Oscar Wao is my next book. Want to pass over Jay's book since ur done w/ it?

April 21, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

Im not sure if "cc" told u but im in the process of writing a book too! i mean i have what i want to write about (chapter titles) and some poems i want to include in it. I am still waiting on "cc" to send me some of hers. lol.

But i guess she doesn't believe me so i feel you... just watch when we are best selling authors. lol...

El.

April 29, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home