It's sad to know we haven't written since February...but I refuse to give up completely. So to kick things back into gear...I'll tell you a little story.

So my sister was out to dinner with her husband, my 10 year old niece and my 18 year old nephew. The check comes an my sister offers to pay. Her husband asks if she's sure and my niece jumps in and says "remember daddy, she's a working girl." My sister's mind automatically jumps to the wrong place and she says "Oh we can't say that "working girl" is a bad word...that means prostitute." Then my sister catches herself and realizes that my niece probably doesn't even know what a prostitute is so she asks her and my niece responds "Yeah it's the lawyer who accuses the suspect." So my sister explains that the lawyer is a prosecutor and a prostitute is a woman who has sex for money. lol My nephew felt it wasn't necessary to tell her what it meant but my sister told him the story of when he came home and asked what "gay" meant and she said gay was happy. He then went on to ask "oh so am i gay?" So she had to explain. lol

Aaaanyway...kind of makes me wonder...was my sister wrong to jump the gun when my niece said "working girl"? I don't really think it was necessary to go there. Do i think she should've told her what a prostitute was once she mentioned it?...absolutely...cuz for all we know she would've gone around telling people she wanted to be a prostitute when she grows up when she really meant a prosecutor. lol

2 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home