Ok so let me start out by saying that I enjoyed the show last night. It was nice to see the Grammy's get back into the entire spectrum of music and not just the songs we've heard a million and one times before.

Top 5 2008 Grammy Moments

5. Herbie Hancock Wins Album of the year. I have to say I was like "WTF?" (see below) but I think it's about time the Grammy's really get out there and celebrate something other than hip-hop, pop and country. (at least ON the show...not like the other categories that you only hear about right before commercials)

4. Beyonce and Tina perform. Seeing as how we ALL know Beyonce wants to be Tina...it was great to see them rock it out together. I kind of wish they wouldve coordinated their outfits more or not at all cuz it was a bit jarring to see them in different shades of silver and one in super tight pants while the other had none at all. :-\ Whatever...it was still a good performance.

3. Amy's Face When She Won. I have to say I wanted to give Amy Winehouse a hug when I saw her face. It's almost like she still doesn't believe she's great. Maybe this will help her stay in rehab and come back with some new music. I also loved when she thanked "RAY RAYYYYY" she sounded like she was straight from the hood and ray ray was her baby daddy. lol Get Well Soon Amy!!

2. Kanye's "Mama" Performance. I don't think I've ever gotten teary eyed during the Grammy's. This was a great performance and it was kind of crazy to watch him get through it.

1. Kanye Telling Producers to Shut the Music Off. Ok now I know it might be crazy for me to include another Kanye moment but he desereves this one... Sometimes people get up to accept their award and you start to fall asleep and you want the music to come on, but in the middle of someone thanking his dead mother???? WTF??? So I LOVED the fact that he was very composed and politely said "I think it would be in good taste to shut the music off right now" and everyone clapped for him. Good Job Kanye!!!

I know tons of other great things happened during the Grammy's and it might be a shock to some that I didn't include Alicia Keys in here at least because I'm a fan of her music...BUT I have to be fair...she did as great as we'd expect her to do (both times) so moving on!

Now I'd like to have another category cuz a few things happened that didn't necessarily ruin the show but made me be like "WTF??" lol

Top 5 2008 Grammy WTF Moments

5. Herbie Hancock winning the award for album of the year. So I know in retrospect it was a great moment but when this first happened I made the Scooby doo noise like "wtf?" But I'm over it and I'm glad it happened that way. Kanye can't really get mad at Herbie. :-)

4. Bartender being nominated for a Grammy. I know this was a hit and all but "wtf?" It was nominated for Best R&B Song by a Duo. Is this what R&B has become? I just can't imagine some old fogies sitting in an office like "How about that T-Pain song? That was a great song lyrically and musically!" lol Thank God it didn't win...Chaka Khan feat Mary J Blige won. Phew...thats was close!

3. All the Kanye Attacks. I'm not writing this blog to defend Kanye but it seems a few things happened to him last night that needed to be pointed out. First of all Vince Gil? I mean the whole "I got a Grammy from a Beatle. Has that happened to you yet Kanye?" I was like what? Who are u? Aaaanyway... lol USHER..."wtf?"...not only did Vince Gil try to knock Kanye first but where have YOU been? I mean this is soooooo 2007. The entire world took jabs on Kanye after his little tantrum. The joke is old by now. At least let it sit for a while and bring it back in 2009 or something!

2. Chris Brown's Red Pants. I'm sorry but when this boy came out...I was like "WTF?" lol His BRIGHT red pants almost made me miss the awkward moment during his little "Parents Just Don't Understand" speech. lol There was a silent moment before Akon jumped in there and was like um ok. Also...I forgot Solange was there...did she speak or did I miss it during the bright red pants blinding?

1. Kid Rock hitting on old lady Keely Smith. He made not one but TWO comments that made me believe he wanted to bag this old lady!!! If she wasn't giggling like a little girl...I'd think this was disrespectful. That def STILL has me like "WTF?"

Like I said...tons of other stuff happened at the Grammy's like Rihanna looking like Prince and whatnot...but these are the things that stuck in my mind the day after. :-)

Good thing the writer's strike didn't affect this cuz it seems the Grammy's made me like Kanye again!

2 comments:

Glad to see you're back at it! I enjoyed the Grammy's and watched this show thinking of how you would respond. So let me get in to it. Kanye! I am not a fan but I must say I thought he was the best. That performace of his really blew me away. I was hoping for him to do that song about his momma as it is my favorite. Like you I was teary eyed as well. I was not sure he would get threw it but I'm glad he did. But Kanye is always going to be Kanye. The part about his acceptance speach i interpreted a little differently. When he asked the music to be turned down and they listened I saw that same cocky Kanye of old. He smiled as if he had pulled one off on the music people. But thats just how I saw it.. I could be wrong (i hope i'm wrong).

Now this Amy chick... I am sorry you wanted to give her a hug??? I wanted to shake her and tell her to snap out of it. I swear she was on something. Rehab is exactly where she needs to be.

Rhianna, why that damn song again?? I am so tired of it. Now that you mentioned it she did look like Prince. LMAO!

Only thing I think was missing was a performance/appearance from Ne-Yo.. maybe i'm a fan but at least he could have presented instead of Solange.. what was she even doing there???

February 11, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

did you see Rihanna pull Jay-Z away onto the stage by the hand? lol supposedly he shook her hand off of his. if i was beyonce, it wouldve been on!

i felt like there were a lot of performances and not as many awards this year...even tho the shit was like 4 hours long.

kanye's performance was doooope. i'm a big kanye fan tho! not always of his personality haha but his music...i was kinda in the middle about the "it would be in good taste to turn off the music now" comment. but besides that, the mama song was sweet.

and yea the tpain song being nominated...come on now. one of the many reasons why the grammys will never be on the same level as what the oscars are to the acting world.

February 12, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home